I read a few more books from the authors that I enjoyed last month. I also listened to a few of these books on audiobook this month to still enjoy a book, but to give my eyes a rest. I either borrow the audiobooks through overdrive or I use audible.
2. The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty was a book that I didn’t want to put down. The writer fills you with this need to know what is going to happen next. I recommended the book for a weekend read here.
3. Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan was a great read about a family and what goes on behind closed doors. This is the first book that I have read by J. Courtney Sullivan. I listened to this book on audiobook before bed and it really helped me wind down.
4. The Last Original Wife by Dorothea Benton Frank was my favorite read of the month. I would recommend this book for all women to read. The main character was so southern and sassy. I also listened to this book on audiobook and I enjoyed the narrators interpretation of the main character. I did a review of this book here.
5. Swimming at Night by Lucy Clarke was this author’s debut novel and if it is any indication of how her other books will be, then I am excited for the follow up. This is the story of the bond that two sisters shared and how one sister stopped at nothing to learn the truth. It was a weekend book recommendation on mine here.
6. Love The One You’re With by Emily Giffin is a novel about realizing things aren’t always better on the other side. Emily Giffin has quickly become one of my favorite women’s fiction writers.
I hope that you all are having a great start to October. Let me know if you read any of these books and what you thought of them in the comments below.
Happy Reading and Writing,